How does the feature work?
The Shopblocks Star CloudPRNT plugin enables your customer orders to print automatically via your Star Micronics receipt printer without any user interaction. Star CloudPRNT connects your Star printer directly to Shopblocks and orders matching your chosen order status are sent directly to print.
For example, for food businesses, if you would like orders to print in the kitchen as soon as a customer checks out on your online shop - this integration makes that happen.
Are there any minimum requirements?
Your printer must be Star CloudPRNT compatible. Most newer models have this feature. Older Star printers can also have an extra module added to upgrade your printer to enable CloudPRNT.
See the Star Micronics website for list of supported models: https://star-emea.com/products/cloudprnt/
How do you install/set it up?
You can use a Apple iOS or Android smartphone or tablet to carry out the below procedures. The below steps must be completed before your printer will start receiving order information from Shopblocks.
Setting up CloudPRNT
For mC-Print Printers:
- Open mC-Print Utility app or equivalent for your printer
- Add the printer using the “Selected Printer” option on the homepage
- Once connected to your printer, go to Printer Settings
- Tap “Star CloudPRNT Settings”
- Enter your password for the settings page (default is “public” first time, then you need to change it)
- In the Server URL enter http://cloudprnt.shopblocks.com
- In Polling Time set this to 5
- Tap “Apply” when ready
Getting your printer's MAC address
A MAC address uniquely identifies your printer. The MAC address is 12 hexadecimal characters separated by colons in groups of two. It looks like this: 00:11:62:00:00:00.
To make the MAC address easy to find, note that all Star Micronics MAC addresses begin with 00:11:62.
- Check your device is connected to the same network as your printer, or connect with a USB cable
- Download the Print Utility app or PassPRNT app compatible with your printer.
- Search your network for the printer
- If the printer is found, the MAC address will be displayed on screen. The MAC address begins with 00:11:62.
- Note the MAC address carefully and type it into the Shopblocks Star CloudPRNT plugin configuration settings page.