If using a subdomain, all DNS settings configured through the 1&1 Control Panel will be discarded. A subdomain can be thought of as a kind of pointer for DNS. Instead of specifying DNS settings for a domain in the 1&1 Control Panel, using a subdomain indicates that the DNS settings for the domain should be exactly the same as the DNS settings for the subdomain address.
1. Log in to your 1&1 Control Panel and select the relevant package.
2. From the Domains panel, click on Manage Domains.
3. Locate the domain that contains the subdomain you want to modify and then click Manage Subdomains.
4. Check the box next to the subdomain to select it. Then click Edit DNS Settings from the Subdomain Settings drop-down menu.
5. Select the CNAME option. (A)
myshopblocks.com in the Alias text box. (B)
7. Check the box to acknowledge that you are aware all current DNS settings will be disabled by using
a CNAME instead. (C)
8. Click the Save button to continue.